General Electric Assistant Project Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom
The Assistant Project Manager leads scope of work and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business or is a recognized expert in a specialized field. In this role you will be responsible for assignments with short to medium-term business implications, manage complex issues within area of expertise, and contribute to the overall Project performance.
Project management in Subsea Production Systems requires an ability to learn fast while applying your Project Management skills and experience delivering complex multi discipline multi product systems. You will have responsibility for the project management and successful execution of scope within a Project and in some cases smaller Projects which may include the aspects across the Project lifecycle.
In this role, you will be responsible for scope of work within complex projects or smaller Projects assignments with short to medium-term business implications.
• Ownership and responsibility for coordinating a multiple person OTR matrix team including Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, Finance and Services to support project objectives.
• Clarify and communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders. Present to Senior Leadership on Project status, key risks, costs vs budget etc
• Be the primary customer contact for the duration of each project or part of an EPC Project team when required.
• Manage a network of internal and external resources (including contractors) in support of project execution
• Develop and maintain robust Project Plans that meet the customer and business objectives.
• Responsible for project risk management processes and developing and implementing project controls processes and tools.
• Coordinate cross-functional, cross business global activities and drive project adherence, ensuring flawless execution of priorities throughout the Project lifecycle
• Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Effectively lead and manage multiple scope/packages simultaneously
• Negotiate change orders with the customers when required.
• Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
• Own and deliver risk management plans
• Ensure Lessons Learned from project execution are shared within the team
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent knowledge and experience from an accredited university or college.
• Proven years of experience in project environment.
• working towards PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent
• Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Excellent team ethic.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
•Ability to successfully coordinate several smaller projects/initiatives or a large complex project/initiative.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own..
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol