General Electric Lead Finance Specialist 1 - FP&A Operations in Bracknell, United Kingdom
Power Services is a business of GE Power within General Electric Company. Harnessing the power of the Industrial Internet, GE’s Power Services is powering a growing world that counts on us to deliver every day. Driven by 230 years of experience, Power Services delivers world-class solutions across the horizon of total power plant capabilities for all types of power plants, operational lifecycles and across 90+ OEM brands. To meet growing market demands, Power Services offers world-class installation, maintenance and upgrade solutions across plant assets to over 2800 customers worldwide.
GE offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. GE will require proof of work authorisation prior to employment.
We would like to thank everyone who submits their resume for this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information on GE Power and Power Services, visit www.ge.com
GE is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to “connect with us” and stay up to date on what’s happening at Power Services through these various channels: Check out the Power Services website at powergen.gepower.com, which brings together information about our Power Services portfolio into one online experience. Follow Power Services on social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr or YouTube
The OTR Finance Analyst (within the Gas North Europe sub-regional team) will lead all financial processes relating to CM&U projects execution and performance monitoring. The OTR responsibilities include partnering with the UK and Ireland operations teams to develop and present key analytics to the Service Director and North Europe Gas finance manager to drive and support business strategies.
• Support significant, broad initiatives across all North Europe finance community, including the integration and process support needed for Alstom
• Develop a strong understanding of Oracle and SAP finance systems … specifically Oracle Alpha, Hyperion and Powermax
• Provide finance support relating to projects in North Europe that are accounted in onshore and offshore legal entities across the sub-region (including Switzerland)
• Ensure project accounting is in accordance with guidelines; define milestones and liaise with Controllership for revenue recognition
• Participate in the rollout and foreseeing impacts of the revenue recognition policy 606
• Liaise within the immediate team and across other business functions to compare performance to latest expectations, highlighting key drivers relating to revenue, margin and cash
• Build a strong working relationship within the wider finance team as well as with relevant operations Service Directors, CSLs and CFMs
• Provide a high level of customer service to operations, commercial and finance management including interaction with other GE functions and internal or external auditors
• Perform and review quarterly account reconciliations
• Perform quarterly closing activities
• Stay connected with current macroeconomic and market trends, identifying relationships and potential impacts to current business outlook
• Provide guidance to intern in support of day to day analysis and reporting responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college;
• At least 3 years finance experience working in an international environment
• Strong project controlling knowledge would be an advantage;
• Prior experience in financial management of complex, multi-unit construction projects essential
• Knowledge and experience with legacy PGS Oracle, Hyperion and Alstom SAP systems
• Ability to work in cross functional environment and matrix organization;
• Understanding of Controllership and Risk assessment processes;
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure;
• Strategic thinker with the ability to create and execute action plans;
• Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Locations: United Kingdom; Bracknell