General Electric Staff Software Test Engineer in Bothell, Washington
Job Description Summary
GE Digital builds world class mission-critical systems that manage power flow across the globe. We are looking for a experienced Software Test Engineer to ensure these systems are of the highest quality. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, results-driven, team-oriented environment, and have a passion for using automated solutions to test software applications and services. You will have worked in an agile environment, have solid coding and testing experience in C#, C++, Java or similar languages, and have experience using multiple testing frameworks. You will contributing to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You'll lead software test engineering discussions and mentor other testers.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Design and execute automated tests throughout our continuous delivery (CD) system
• Create, develop and maintain testing frameworks and tools to meet the needs of our customers and engineering teams
• Work with developers, testers, and product managers to identify, reproduce, and resolve defects
• Participate in requirements gathering, story writing, design and test reviews.
• Develop automated performance tests that demonstrate our systems scale.
• Create innovative testing solutions as needed, utilizing both GE and third-party technologies.
• Cover both white, grey and black box testing of our applications and assist developers with unit testing.
• Interface with project managers, project engineers and customers on general and specific issues.
• Provide strong technical leadership and mentorship to others.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience 6 years
• Excellent knowledge of modern software development practices including experience with continuous delivery.
• Experience translating requirements, use-cases and stories into test plans, test cases and working automated tests.
• Requires six (6) years software design, integration and/or testing in one or more of the following technologies: C#, C++, Java or similar languages. Good experience with common testing frameworks and tools, such as xUnit and Selenium.
• Great understanding of object oriented software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts.
• Ability to leverage, utilize and extend industry-standard test automation frameworks, tools and practices.
• Multiple years of professional experience testing multi-tiered client-server systems.
• Able to demonstrate competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems and performing root cause analysis.
• Ability to take work on multiple projects simultaneously. Prioritization.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent judgment skills to assess high-risk areas.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be an outstanding team player.
• Able to work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No