General Electric Senior Project Manager - R&D Bioprocess in Boston, Massachusetts
The Project Leader is responsible for New Product Introductions (NPIs),and development projects to support growth of the business, including cost-reduction projects. In addition, this position is accountable for achieving quality objectives, creating/meeting development schedules and project budgets, as well as communicating program status and escalating issues when appropriate to facilitate transparency.
• Leading cross-functional program activities for single use consumables, hardware/equipment, and/or cost reduction projects with responsibility for timely completion within budget
• Managing and optimizing project plans, product/project risk, project budgets, and resources/task assignments
• Working closely with all support functions, effectively facilitating cross-functional decision making to deliver effective and timely new product development process results
• Ensuring compliance with Design History File (DHF) and other QMS requirements
• Managing customer critical-to-quality (CTQ) objectives, regulatory requirements, schedules, and program risks and making decisions based on business objectives
• BS Degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years relevant project/technical leadership experience with 5 years minimum NPI project management and execution experience.
• Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional project teams, and an ability to drive project design plans to completion
• Familiarity with ISO, FDA and other regulatory standards
• Experience and thorough understanding of NPI product development /product development lifecycle in a regulated environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management certification
• Experience managing or overseeing global resources and/or projects
• Previous work experience in a matrixed-management/leadership environment
• Experience with conflict resolution
• Experience in film processing, sterile single use products a plus
GE Healthcare Life Sciences
At GE Healthcare Life Sciences, our mission is to partner with pharma and academic research to accelerate how precision diagnostics and therapies are invented, made, and used.
We do this by providing expertise, technology and services for a wide range of areas within the life sciences industry. Specifically, GEHC Bioprocess product portfolio enables pharmaceutical companies to establish efficient and scaleable manufacturing of vaccines, biologics, and cell therapies.
We are looking for a strong project manager for our Upstream Bioprocess team. This role combines project managements skills for end to end product development with business acumen and vision. The project manager will play critical role in expanding GEHC's portfolio of Upstream Bioprocess products.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Sciences at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
Sciences at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.