General Electric Sales and Operations Planning Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Recognized for their commercial operations expertise and experience, influences at the manager level on strategic plans, and leads a Order Management and/or Fulfillment operations teams responsible for activities and processes that help the organization achieve business objectives, and contributes to projects and initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
• Direct responsibility for a Team of Order Management Specialists and Ensure the progression of orders from order entry to transfer/revenue recognition
• Manage relationships between team members, leadership team, field teams and other functions
• Analyze metrics to ensure order quality and team efficiency. Use operational metrics to drive daily work and actions with the team as well as create a shared vision and drive process improvement.
• Function as a subject matter expert on order management policies and procedures; ensure quotes and orders are compliant with contractual terms and conditions, controllership guidelines, and marketing promotions
• Coach team members and provide performance management to a team of order management specialists including periodic 1:1 touch points and end of year summary touch points.
• Collaborate with peers on other P&L Order Management teams to execute multi-business deals and cross P&L improvement initiatives.
• Lead training for new and current Order Management team members and help maintain updated standard operating procedures
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 years of work experience in an operational execution role (team supervisor, materials operations, etc.)
Ability to lead & set direction for a team including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and problem solve.
Strong Computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Ability to flex schedule (including weekends) during peak periods (quarter close).
Knowledge of GEHC order operations processes and requirements
Previous direct management experience
Prior experience in a sales related industry or transactional environment
Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Experience with ERP applications
Knowledge of GEHC commercial operations processes and systems
Excellent strategic & tactical execution skill sets
Ability to drive change and continuous improvement
Lean and/or Six Sigma experience
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Continental US - Boston Area Preferred
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.