General Electric Director - Program Management | Remote to Start in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary
The business program manager (BPM) for early & mid-career programs develops GE Corporate's pipeline of digital technology (DT) leaders by delivering relevant & challenging experience for program members. Responsible for strategic & tactical leadership for DTLP, early career technical track , ADTE, and intern program will orchestrate key pieces of the development offerings. This role interfaces with all levels of the Corporate DT, across every organization & region, to ensure alignment with functional strategic initiatives and to meet the changing needs of the Corp DT organization.
• Develop and communicate the overall mission, strategy and standards for early and mid-career development program in close partnership with all key stakeholders.
• Partner with Global program manager and vendor partners to support all phases of the DT early (DTLP & Tech Track) & mid-career (ADTE) curriculum, including design, development, delivery, and continuous improvement for both classroom and eLearning coursework
• Own the overall delivery and ongoing modernization of the Corporate Business Immersion and Leadership trainings, including identification of high potential non-program members to participate
• Serve as the primary interface for Corp DT senior leadership team, partnering with them to define and uphold global program standards across Corp DT, ensure rotational assignments meet program standards and optimize the development of program members through the right mix and types of assignments, consult on off-program placement, and to assist with the selection and retention of top performers.
• Own global recruiting strategies for hiring diverse, top talent into the intern and DTLP program (global hiring plan, university selection, lead recruiter prep).
• Own Corporate DT’s early career diversity strategy and drive community outreach through partner organization (Rewriting the Code)
• Design and own nomination process for identifying top talent to participate in Corporate ADTE
• Design and own operational pillars for Corporate ADTE operations (individualized development plans, coaching, mentoring, stretch projects, spotlight activities, graduation, etc)
• Continue to build the program brands and development experiences.
• Drive content and communications across the broad community and mediums
• Accountable for budgeting
• Collaborate with peers in other businesses to bench mark, share best practices, and continuously improve program operations
• A Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of work related experience.
• 6+ years of work experience as a Digital Technology professional and 2+ years work experience as a people leader
• Work location is flexible, will consider significant GE locations.
• Willingness and ability to travel 3-4 times per year (includes international travel) for up to 2 weeks at a time.
Legal authorization to work in the USA is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Exposure to leadership program - either a graduate or assignment leader
• Experience in training/development and campus recruiting
• Demonstrated leadership with the ability to coach, facilitate and influence effectively at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to drive change and build stakeholder support for changes
• Demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders to define critical KPIs, track progress to plan, and iterate as needed
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills
• A high-impact player with proven ability to develop effective relationships at all levels, and deliver results in a global, matrixed work environment
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No