General Electric Chief Corporate, Securities, Finance Counsel in Bloomington, Illinois
GE Healthcare (GEHC) Legal has an open position for a Chief Corporate, Sercurities, Finacnce Counsel reporting to the VP, General Counsel & BD Leader. The Chief Counsel will be a key player leading a team of lawyers and professionals at GEHC headquarters in Chicago whose mission is to oversee and coordinate the complete range of GE's securities law compliance.
In close coordination with the VP, General Counsel & BD Leader and the other members of the team, the General Counsel is expected to have responsibility for:
• Oversee and coordinate the complete range of GE's securities law compliance, including SEC reporting and monitoring, corporate governance matters, executive compensation disclosure and monitoring, securities aspects of M&A activity, global securities compliance and the other corporate, securities and regulatory lawyers throughout the GEHC enterprise.
• Counseling GEHC's board of directors, top business management and field lawyers at all levels in the GEHC enterprise on the federal and state securities laws and disclosure issues, state corporate laws and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 & Dodd-Frank Act and SEC implementing regulations;
• Preparing/reviewing the company's Exchange Act reports and Securities Act registration statements;
• Preparing for board of directors' meetings, including preparation of meeting materials and drafting board minutes;
• Helping to maintain and strengthen the company's disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting;
• Staying abreast of emerging trends and developments in securities law, corporate law and governance, and coordinating internal and external resources to provide education and training;
• Advising senior management and human resources about securities and disclosure implications of executive compensation and employee benefits decisions, policies and plans;
• Managing the filing of insider transaction reports;
• Preparing for and engaging in investor outreach, including researching of investor positions on corporate governance practices and assessing and advising on GEHC’s governance policies;
• Coordinating internal and external legal resources to assure U.S. and international securities law and stock exchange listing compliance;
• Preparing for the company's annual meeting of shareowners;
• Promoting GEHC as a compliance leader in the fields of disclosure, securities law and governance, including involvement in new initiatives;
• Representing GEHC externally at industry conferences and forums; and
• Managing and forging strong working relationships with clients served within the GEHC enterprise.
GEHC General Counsel, GEHC Board of Directors, Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits, Corporate Legal-M&A, Investor Relations, Public Relations, Corporate Treasury, GE Ventures, GE Current/Lighting and the Global Research Center.
JD (or equivalent) with active bar membership.
10 years of business law experience at a large law firm or corporate legal department, including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions in a regulated environment (i.e. purchase, sale and distribution agreements).
Demonstrated experience identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively and ability to make on the spot risk calls.
Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Ability to communicate using English (and local language) and outstanding interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate must be a member in good standing of the bar of any state in the U.S. She/he should have outstanding analytical and communication skills together with creativity and mature judgement. Strong writing skills are a must. Commitment to the highest level of performance is critical. She/he must have demonstrated knowledge and command of corporate and securities law issues with a minimum of two years of practice, preferably at a law firm.
Experience of the Healthcare industry and previous exposure to medical industry regulations (FDA, Medicare/Medicaid anti-kickback)
Demonstrated experience providing legal advice in a highly regulated environment
Experience with Intellectual Property
Proven global team leadership experience and ability to function as a senior member of a management team
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois; Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.