General Electric VP&I LEADER OUTCOMES RESEARCH in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:This role provides Outcomes Research support for GE Healthcare’s Imaging portfolio of products and services. It is based within the Global Outcomes Research team, which is part of the Global Marketing Value Propositions & Insights (VPI) Organization of GE Healthcare and will report to the Outcomes Research Centre of Excellence Manager.
Essential Responsibilities:The individual in this role will work closely with GEHC stakeholders to identify and execute opportunities to generate evidence to substantiate the value propositions, to develop analytic and other tools that effectively communicate the value propositions and evidence to customers, and to train sales teams on how to communicate evidence of value to customers.
• Work closely with VPI, product marketing and sales teams to identify GEHC products requiring outcomes research support and collaborate with teams to support the development and validation of product value propositions relevant for customers.
• Identify and execute opportunities for outcomes research studies to generate evidence to demonstrate that GEHCs products improve financial or operational outcomes for our customers. Lead the development of evidence generation plans and protocols to quantify outcomes supporting product value propositions. Collaborate with the clinical team to support evidence generation to demonstrate that GEHCs products improve clinical outcomes. Work closely with the Outcomes Research region leaders on prioritized new product introductions to understand regional customer unmet needs and evidence requirements.
• Execution of research studies responsibilities includes identifying and managing external contractors or undertaking in-house execution of economic studies, such as literature reviews, economic modeling, case studies, prospective studies and database analyses; supporting outcomes research customer engagements including obtaining customer data, defining customer needs and translating these into value propositions and evidence needs.
• Work closely with VPI, marketing and sales teams to support the effective communication of outcomes research plans and study results undertaken by GE Healthcare and by other organizations to internal and external audiences.
• Work closely with frontline sales team, commercial operations, downstream marketing and product specialists to train the sales team on product value propositions and supporting evidence, obtain market feedback and develop/implement a process of continuous improvement.
• Support and collaborate with other Marketing and Commercial Activation programmes in the Global Marketing Organization, particularly Pricing to support pricing initiatives and to understand customer value drivers and evidence needs to support differential pricing
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Health Economics, Business, Marketing or related field / relevant science degree (e.g. health services research, statistics, economics, or epidemiology).
• Experience in the pharmaceutical/medical technology industry or research organization / consultancy. Familiarity with medical imaging and critical care technologies.
• Experience conducting research to evaluate the impact of new medical technologies on customer outcomes.
• Excellent project management skills with strong orientation to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills combined with ability to work with complex data and to perform statistical analysis.
• Ability to organize own work without continuous direct supervision and comfortable working with a virtual team.
• Proven track record of working on studies to generate evidence.
• Collaborative working style and proven ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary and multi-national teams.
Desired Characteristics:• Master’s degree in Economics, Health Economics, Business, Marketing or related field (e.g. health services research, statistics, economics, or epidemiology).
• Experience in applying techniques of health economic evaluation / outcomes research to the area of diagnostic imaging and/or medical technologies. Proven ability to design and execute studies to generate evidence of impact of new medical technologies on outcomes.
• Proven record of establishing and managing project plans, adjusting to changing circumstances. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage key milestones.
• Experience handling large datasets and use of statistical analysis methods.
• Self-starter with proactive approach and ability to look at situations from different points of view and consider alternative solutions.
• Deep understanding of healthcare and healthcare markets. Ability to understand customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends.
• Team oriented: successful experience working in a team environment; experience of working with and influencing within diverse, cross-functional teams.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru;