General Electric Staff Technical Project Manager in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and/or external customers. Partners with functional owner to define requirements. Works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Ensures project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in specifying requirements
• Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs
• Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
• Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge
• Work with technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
• Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required
• Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or Engineering with advanced experience.
Overall industry experience of 12 + years, with at least 6 years in software program/project management
Hands on Software development (full cycle) experience
Experience with AGILE methodology
Exposure to Modern architecture and concepts of Microservices, Containers, DevOps and Security.
Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
Experience of working with others on a global basis
Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, creates processes with customer viewpoint
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Clear communicator who communicates in clear and succinct manner
Data oriented - Effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
Project Management certifications (Prefer PMI Agile Certifications)
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes