General Electric Staff Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
The Primary Care Ultrasound business develops traditional console as well as hand held ultrasound equipment, that is both cost effective and elegant. As a Senior Software engineer with our hand held product development team, you will be core member developing intelligent new features for new ultrasound products.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Essential Responsibilities :
• You will be responsible for design and development (coding) of new features for ultrasound products, as part of a larger software team. The focus for this role will be to work on the new age software Mobility platforms and develop the solutions for specific needs to our customers
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
•Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
Other responsibilities include:
Working with clinical and product marketing personnel to understand user needs, define software requirements, and develop proof of concept solutions
Delivering high quality code that meets set coding and quality standards
Participating in design and code reviews
Collaborating with verification teams for appropriate testing of features developed
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Minimum of 8 years of professional experience (OR Master’s degree with 4-6 years of professional experience) in hands-on software development
Strong understanding of object oriented design, Expertise and hands-on experience in C++ required
Experience in QT, QML is essential
Desired Characteristics :
Experience with software development on mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
Experience with implementing algorithms, familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as Tensor Flow
Understanding of medical devices/ medical software development
Strong problem solving abilities and communication skills
Self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work with global cross functional teams, flexible to accommodate time zones as required
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes