General Electric Staff Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
In this role, you will:
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science Engineering or related disciplines
• 9+ years of hands on experience in software development related to Core Java with knowledge of data structures, multithreading, concurrency, collections, OOAD, design patterns, SOA
• Knowledge on JVM performance tuning and memory management.
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns
• Extensive experience with micro-services development & hands-on CI/CD experience with Jenkins, GIT
• Good knowledge or experience in containerization platforms like Docker & Kubernetes
• Experience in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructures. Exposure to BDD/ TDD practices.
• Web Services, hibernate, Spring framework.
• Experience working within Agile/Scrum software development framework
• Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No