General Electric Staff Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Staff Software Engineer will work on products catering to the Train Performance portfolio of GE Transportation's Digital Solutions business, which includes energy management
products. This role is responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area.
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
• Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
• Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
• Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
• Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
• Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
• Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
• Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
• Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
• Bachelor’s/ Master's Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering
• A minimum of 9 years of professional experience working on embedded products
• Experience leading software development on new product introductions
• Expertise in C, C++, RTOS (QNX, Vxworks, OSE, Linux)
• Experience in AGILE Software development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Locomotive/Aviation/Automotive domain
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Passion for delivering customer outcomes
• Effective problem solving abilities
Locations: India; Bengaluru