General Electric Staff Software Engineer (Tech Lead) in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Would you like to work on clean energy sources like Wind and work on NextGen cloud platform as Tech Lead ?
We are looking for a passionate hands-on development working on software development lifecycle of design, development and deployment of cloud-native software applications for renewable digital platform.
In this role you get to work with a talented global digital team of product/program managers, architects and engineers building large scale cloud-native software services.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
•Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
Bachelors/Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in technology related field
8+ years of IT experience with appetite for high-end software development
Software Design, development, deployment and monitoring experience
Cloud Native Microservices Software Development, preferably with AWS.
UI development experience : ReactJS
Programming Language : Java and/or Golang and/or Python.
Database Experience : RDMBS or NoSQL
Understanding of containerization technologies- Docker/Kubernetes
Agile Software Development Experience
Ops Experience: APM Tooling experience e.g. NewRelic, ELK
Large scale enterprise application building experience
Can quickly learn, adapt and apply technology
Business Acumen : Understand customer needs. Focus on quality . Awareness of industry trends.
Leadership : Owns tasks. Breaks down complex problems to simpler blocks. Brings clarity. Seeks feedback. Flags risks
Collaboration: Strong team player . Ensures win-win.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
Strong ownership and accountability
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No