General Electric Staff Software Architect in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
You'll be part of a global matrix team. Your key responsibilities will include architecting and designing high performing and scalable cloud-based applications across GE Renewable Software Engineering portfolio. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will own the architecture and design and lead design and integration discussions for your Products with the Developers and the Product Owners. You will also be responsible for mentoring the Development team to improve the overall technical acumen of the organization.
In this role, you will:
• Provide expertise in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Lead impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Serve as an Expert in providing oversight, mentoring team members and leading large development efforts. Experienced in effectively delegating work.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of the market and competing product offerings.
• Demonstrate the ability of benchmarking against competition. Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Demonstrate expert level skills in collaboration with different stakeholders, influences decisions, ability to take strategic view.
• Lead the efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in custom solutions.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary - as a value offering.
• Define and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills; able to present at conferences and explain complex technical problems in simple terms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Java and related Technologies
• Expert in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using Java, Polymer OR Angular, Java Spring Boot
• Strong understanding and implementation experience of Micro-services architecture and principles
• Exposure to cloud technologies - AWS / Azure
• Exposure to DevSecOps tools – Jenkins/Sonar/Checkmarx etc.
• Expert in Design Patterns
• Hands-on Experience on any or more of the following:
Mobile tech (Swift, iOS, Android, React Native)
Front End (React, HTML5, CSS)
Middleware (Node, NginX)
Backend (Python Django & flask)
Relational and NoSQL DBs
Programming Language (Python)
Docker and Kubernetes
CI/CD and SAST/DAST Tools
• Proven desire of exploring and executing Proof of Concepts across new Cloud tech features
• Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
• Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business
• Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations
• Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth
• Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating
• Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence across various levels in the organization
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No