General Electric Staff Quality Assurance Enginner in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As a Verification Lead, you’ll be working on a state of the art platform which enables faster application development.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
Your Day at GE:
Develop & drive the overall verification strategy for the complete software stack.
Strategizing and executing End to End platform Integration Testing
Create the verification plans and reports for the complete subsystem.
Work with the software developers to implement integration and verification automation at all levels of the software stack and system.
Writing functional and automated tests and test harnesses application and services under test
Lead manual verification execution, automation development and execution.
Evangelize, strategize, introduce and implement reliability testing frameworks to support integration and to be first class DevOps citizens.
Strong Experience in BDD, TDD
Strong Experience to programmatically test products; measure test coverage; develop best automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools; and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product.
Linux OS knowledge
Review verification results looking for compliance to our quality management system.
Partner with and provide direction to fellow team members to diagnose bugs/defects and formulate solutions.
Aware of and comply with the GE Healthcare Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree. Minimum of 8 years of experience in developing products through testing and verification activities.
Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging testing and debugging complex design problems.
Understanding of system design concepts and subsystem interactions and interfaces
• Understanding of different levels testing and behavioral driven design testing techniques
• Understanding of network technology and configurations
• Ability to troubleshoot network, hardware, OS, virtual machines, and applications
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate across all levels
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Prior experience in medical device product development and testing
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes