General Electric Staff Quality Assurance Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area independently, Contributing to the immediate team and to other teams across business; Leading software quality engineering discussions and mentoring of other junior quality engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts. Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
• Reuse existing code appropriately wherever possible; drives same behaviours across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
• Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
• Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
• Use test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience6years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Has extensive experience in test automation
• Demonstrates experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
• Has experience in testing web services
• Has experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Has experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Has experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
• Expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
• Skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from.
• Skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No