General Electric Staff Enterprise Architect in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As a Product Architect, you will be responsible for providing contemporary technology solutions that enable business and enterprise outcomes. To have comprehensive, in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and processes in MM area. Understand the big picture and to be able to connect dots across technologies and develop solutions catering to cross-technology integrations with SAP.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
• Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gather and analyze data and develops architectural requirements at project level.
• Participate in the Enterprise Architecture governance model.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Coach and mentor team members
Contributes to highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge.
Provides architectural support across teams.
Makes high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
Works on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business.
Works with developer teams and other Functional Consultants to deliver complex technology solutions.
Communicates across direct organization and across the IT function in area of expertise.
Presents to Senior and Executive leadership in specific technical space and on cross-functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
10+ Years of Configuration and Solution Architect experience in SAP implementations and deployments primarily in SAP Procurement, IM, LE, WM modules.
Desired Characteristics / Technical Expertise:
Very strong professional experience in SAP Architecture in Material Management processes.
Multiple SAP Deployment/Implementation experience.
Hands-on experience with SAP modules related to Material management process (Procurement, Inventory management, LE, Warehouse management), performing business process and, solution design, system configuration and testing.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No