General Electric Staff Data Scientist in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
The Staff Data Scientist will work in a team addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial product development environment. You will have exposure to large datasets, wide & mixed data , feature engineering and transformation, statistical & AI model development. In this role, you will contribute to the design, development and deployment of analytic models for in-situ monitoring of Additive machines and the process
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Sr Staff Data Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role, you will:
• Partner with GE Software Engagement Managers to shape Statements of Work for Data Science opportunities and GE Software Solutions
• Participate in Data Science Workouts to shape Data Science opportunities and identify opportunities to use data science to create customer value
• Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Work as part of a cross-functional team to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
• Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with significant experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience8years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Demonstrated skill in data management methods and analytic scaling
• Demonstrated skill in prescriptive analytics and analytic prototyping
• Demonstrated skill in solutions integration
• Demonstrated skill in one or more industry sectors where GE operates
• Demonstrated skill in defining and delivering customer value
• Demonstrated expertise working in team settings in various roles
• Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated expertise in presentation and communications skills
• Demonstrated skill in serving as a change agent
• Demonstrated skill in working in ambiguous environments
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes