General Electric Staff Data & Information Architect in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
The Staff Data & Information Architect role resides within the Data & Analytics organization in GE Gas Power IT. The objective of this role is to lead the operations of the JiVS portfolio within Data Archival pillar & also contribute towards building a robust data framework in the Gas Power Data Lake across multiple domains/functions like supply chain, commercials etc as required. This position will work on multiple Data & Information projects as a project leader or internal consultant.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for driving archival projects which involves requirement gathering from business, working with vendors in delivering projects as per time lines, architecting new approaches based on need
Driving security & Governance related discussions for projects
Catering to any RTS requirements for older projects
Prioritizing request, working on project plans , understanding gaps in process and fixing them
Frontend the Azure migration of archival application , ensuring completeness of data post migration and facilitating UAT.
Participate in the data domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
Gather and analyse data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
Drive Standards Implementations across Archival & Domains while also helping establish standards for the new tech stacks, including AWS native services getting introduced into the Data & Analytics area
Supports & actively participate in multiple D&A initiatives
Participate in the Data Governance Council & gatekeeper reviews
Supports the development data and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses
Architect solutions leveraging the AWS native services to address real time /near real time reporting use cases
Researches and evaluates emerging data technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.• Coach and mentor team members.• Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Translates analytics problems into data requirements
Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modelling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling
Understand & build in optimal manner extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team
Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalogue within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
Exposure to tools like JiVS , Talend would be an add-on
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes