General Electric Staff Build & Release Engineer in Bengaluru, India
GE Transportation Digital Solutions - Network Optimization team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to be part of our exciting journey to develop cutting edge cloud-based software applications targeted towards network and terminal efficiency and used by customers worldwide. As a member of our growing team, you would contribute toward implementing and supporting, deployment, delivery, and monitoring capabilities for Cloud based applications.
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing cloud-based software systems (AWS, Predix etc.), to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
• Cloud account and environments provisioning and management, working across Bangalore based engineering teams
• Build, release and configuration management of production and lower environments. Build and maintain deployment pipeline and look for continuous improvements
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering with overall 8 years of experience
• At least 2 years experience with using a broad range of Cloud based technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrails, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based (or similar) cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
• DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime for Cloud environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools (e.g. CloudFormation).
• Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
• Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Graphana).
• Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
• Good understanding of build and release process CI/CD pipeline and associated tools
• OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C ).
• DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GitHub. AWS Certification in any of the following: Solution Architect, Developer, System Ops
• Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
• Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
• Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bengaluru