General Electric Sr Technical Project Manager in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
In this role you are responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and/or external customers. You will include gathering and documenting requirements, building functional and technical specifications and overseeing build/test/deploy milestones to drive project delivery.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Interact with internal and/or external customers and product managers to understand customer needs and timelines
• Collaborate with development and operations teams. Support them with scope considerations and project requirements
• Demonstrate increasing understanding of project management
• Demonstrate superior knowledge of software development life cycles to collaborate with Build and Release teams
• Ensure that releases meet quality standards and functional requirements
• Work with fellow team members and provide subject matter expertise to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions during testing cycles as well as during and after the project is deployed in production
• Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
• Demonstrate awareness of industry trends and domain expertise
• Demonstrate ability to influence customers and project managers through persuasion and influencing
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field with proven Design and development experience of 6 years on Java Tech Stack
- Hands on experience working integrations modules or components.
• Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
• Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge and build project teams
• Manage external vendors as required
• Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Experience in customer engagement to facilitate requirements
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Has initiative to stay current on technology trends
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No