General Electric Sr Technical Product Manager in Bengaluru, India
Understand functional and product requirements for a specific release or multiple concurrent releases. Document functional requirements, apply agile principles to convert these specifications into stories/work units and translate into criteria for acceptable product performance. Influence Customers, Product Managers and Engineering in relation to Design Decisions, Technology Choices and timelines. Show deep understanding of domain and industry trends and their impact on product future
• Collaborate with product team and other internal/external customers to understand business requirements for existing and new products/solutions.
• Lead discovery and conceptual design work required to translate business needs into solutions and features
• Understands overall solution and translates requirements into functional and non-functional requirements. Includes specifications, graphical representations, and presentations that describe the desired solution or product feature. Documentation includes volume and usage predictions, user interface design concepts, error prevention and detection strategies, and flow design.
• Reconciles disparate information and structure/present it in a way that is understood by all stakeholders.
• Balances business requirements with technical feasibility
• Researches and evaluates solutions alternatives and delivers proposals that meet competitive needs.
• Identify constraints and assumptions that shape the scope, cost and time of the solution.
• Analyzes existing competitive systems against product strategies and makes well-defined recommendations and execution plans for efficiency and architecture/design improvements within and outside the execution of current projects.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and vendors to seamlessly integrate the project area into the overall strategic objectives and activities of the organization.
• Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
• 3+ years' business analysis experience
• Proven experience working with database structures and data modeling including working knowledge of SQL (MS SQL preferred)
• Experience in integrating with API's
• Experience in data analysis
• Self-motivated, clear thinker focused on the overall solution
• Ability to create clarity from ambiguity and lack of clear definition
• Experience with commercial product development / delivery
• Proficient at operating within a globally distributed team
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Experience in architecting enterprise applications which are deployed across multiple countries & geographies
• Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
• Analytic, creative and business-focused problem solver
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation
• Strong system design experience
• Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Drive to learn new technology and build in-depth expertise
• 5+ years’ experience
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: India; Bengaluru