General Electric Sr Technical Product Manager in Bengaluru, India
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for assisting with defining and executing the product commercialization strategy for AI Factory. AI Factory is a hybrid Deep Learning and Probabilistic Physics analytics framework, specialized for applications across the Full Stream Oil & Gas value chain: Upstream, Midstream and Downstream. It integrates state-of-the-art Deep Learning techniques with hybrid probabilistic physics capabilities to provide transformational solutions.
As a Product Manager, you will be the customer-facing representative for Product Development, and the bridge between customer users and the product development resources. Your role in Product Management is to manage the future direction of the products by being a functional domain expert and thought leader, working with customers to understand their requirements, turning those requirements into business requirement documents, and designing strong, comprehensive solutions for product development to build. You will keep abreast of industry trends and monitor the competition to ensure our products are at the forefront of innovation.
This role requires a strategic thinker with strong communication and presentation skills, ability to effectively present to and manage collaborative discussions with large groups at conferences and advisory board meetings, and a demonstrated ability to discuss complex and potentially challenging topics with executives and upper management (both internally and at customer sites). You will assist Sales with questions on product roadmap and/or present the future direction to prospective customers. The ability to heavily multi-task on widely differing topics is crucial in this role, as it also can include:
• Develop and manage product and thought leadership content including datasheets, whitepapers, case studies, and sales tools including presentations, ROI calculators, and positioning documents
• Develop and manage customer marketing/reference materials including case studies, customer videos, and customer profiles
• Establish and maintain a marketing relationship with key customers who are willing to be references for case studies and speaking events
• Collaborate closely with design, writers, product management, sales, and solution architects
• Prioritization of feature set and capabilities necessary to drive customer adoption, Assets Under Management, Data Under Management and a differentiated position in the marketplace.
• Capability mapping that details the product capabilities necessary for success and a continuous gap analysis with regards to current offering and market dynamics.
• Research and compile detailed competitive analyses and relative positioning of the product offerings
• Development of a business plan by taking into account the pricing model and cost to serve model for the product capabilities, analytics and underlying modules
• Ensure consistent execution of product plans and that result in product delivery on time, on budget by collaborating with the Product Architecture and Product Development teams.
• To ensure go-to-market strategies, revenue and profitability models are aligned with the company’s business drivers by collaborating with the Commercial team.
• Provide guidance on product strategy, roadmap and status to the Sales and Commercial Teams. Participate in customer engagements as necessary to present product strategy and roadmap.
• Conduct market research to identify addressable market size, white space, adjacencies by working closely with the Marketing Team.
• Validate AI Factory-specific content development by the Information Development, Marketing and Communications teams.
• Identify opportunities and provide guidance on partnerships, acquisitions or to drive product success by working with the Alliances & Partnerships team and the Business Development team.
Driving alignment to the overall BHGE Digital Strategy
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical majors
• A minimum of 7 years' work experience including experience in an industrial and/or software environment.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in product management, product development, commercial product leadership or related field including workflow experience with similar products.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing large scale software and information systems roadmaps that includes working with external customers and collaborating across large, complex multifunctional and regional teams.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bengaluru