General Electric Sr Staff Software Architect in Bengaluru, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity.
As a Sr Staff Software Architect, you are required to contribute and drive digital platform solutions for Imaging Platforms. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership on multiple projects. You will lead the architecture, design and development of next-generation solutions, applying in-depth knowledge of technology platforms, data acquisition protocol technologies, H/W and S/W architectures, patterns, and engineering design principles.
In this role you will:
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
• Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
• Participate in the EA domain governance model.
Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience OR PhD with 5 years of experience.
• Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
• Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain level.
• Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals; demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Develops, motivates and directs staff to create a team environment.
• Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components. Assists in developing business cases.
Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions with uncertain consequences.
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
• Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning. Envisions compares and contrasts multiple potential medium range operational futures.
Locations: India; Bengaluru