General Electric Sr Staff Risk Advisor in Bengaluru, India
The Sr Staff Risk Advisor – will oversee the Cybersecurity and Risk function across different GE business sites, presence and interests in the global GE landscape. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with internal stakeholders, external partners and customers and will have had experience in an advisory role.
In this role, you will:
• Maintain the strategic roadmap for cybersecurity initiatives, promote standardized security tools, process and platforms to maintain consistency across GE South Asia region.
• Lead initiatives to advance company-wide services to help GE prevent, detect and respond to security incidents
• Provide regular program updates to the Regional CISO Leader, CIO and other stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders including regional CIOs, and global IT security and compliance leaders
• Work with legal counsel, HR, physical security and product engineering on IT security solutions.
• Aid in the development and enforcement of GE-wide policies & standards and assist technology teams with building security solutions.
• Define technology security requirements and communicate to system owners through effective security programs and training.
• Work with GGO and business IT teams to encourage a security mindset throughout business SDLC processes from concept, implementation and operations.
• Maintain documentation of the IT Risk program and any exceptions for regulatory compliance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or Information Technology
• A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in IT security
• Master’s degree in Business, Sciences or Information Technology
• Ability to travel 30% of the time in the region as needed
• Prior experience working in a matrix environment
• Prior experience doing Lean or Six Sigma Process improvement work
• Prior experience working on developing and leading strategy definition
• Prior experience managing IT operations and support
• Capable contemporary leader with extensive team working abilities
• CISSP/CISM/CISA certification
• Experience in identification and remediation of security threats and risks
• Experience in security risk assessment of server, endpoint, network, cloud and mobile OS platforms
• Familiar with enterprise infrastructure designs and concepts including Authentication, Logging, Interconnectivity, Internet and application proxy, cloud computing, hosting, application code security, Virtual computing, Database administration, Data storage, Data backup, Encryption, Middleware, Firewall policy, Network segmentation, Mainframe etc.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bengaluru