General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As a Senior Software Engineer responsible for test automation, you will drive quality, functional and operational excellence by designing test cases, automating test cases using the test framework, identifying bugs in the system, preparing and presenting test metrics and guiding the QA team for DoseWatch, a dose management solution. You will manage the global stakeholders’ expectations. You will sustain and improve product quality and efficiency by adopting test techniques and best practices
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for testing a feature and/or a feature set. Have ability to work independently.
• Design and Optimize test cases and perform peer review
• Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
• Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
• Guide team on product requirements, test optimization and early identification of defects
• Define quality metrics and best practices for the team.
• Execute test cases and Raise defects for product nonconformance
• Perform traceability of test cases to requirements and ensure test completeness
• Use test driven development practices wherever possible.
• Collaborate with development teams to troubleshoot issues.
• Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Performance Testing, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance.
• Demonstrate the ability to learn fast, understand new technologies and drive change.
• Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
Education Qualification / Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
• Proficient with agile tools and methodologies. Experience with CI/CD tools, preferable Jenkins and GIT.
• Strong experience to programmatically test products and leverage test coverage tools.
• Experience in using test management tools / frameworks like ALM, Quality Center, JIRA and/or JMeter.
• Expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. A big part of this job is communicating effectively with development team and cross functional teams in a global environment
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Has extensive experience in test automation
• Demonstrates experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
• Has experience in testing web services
• Has experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Has experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Has experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyse impact of technology choices
• Able to take ownership to deliver small and medium sized tasks while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to identify mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes