General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
You will be a member of the MICT Common Cyber Content (MC3) platform development team, responsible for design and development of advanced cyber security features for MICT scanner products in GE Healthcare. You will work on & deliver US Department Of Defense compliant software for global products.
• Work closely with technical product management & architect in understanding requirements, design, architecture and own implementation of the features.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical design and present technical ideas through white-boarding.
• Help in designing API-bound interfaces and information exchange between modules.
• Software development as part of the Scrum team. Accountable for the Definition of Done for user stories - define, design, code and ship new features.
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus on delivering tasks to meet the product release goal.
• Ensure code quality, test coverage and adherence to different quality metrics.
• Ensure the performance, NFR and responsiveness of applications.
• Bring rigor in software development, follow established TDD/CI/CD development paradigms.
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
• Drive code and design reviews and mentor other developers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
• A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in product software development.
• A minimum of 4 years of hands on experience in software development using following technologies:- Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices. - Languages and Frameworks: Core Java, Spring, Python, NodeJS etc. - Relational and NoSQL databases. - Experience with Containerization & Virtualization technologies on Linux.
• Experience working within Agile/Scrum software development teams.
• Strong design fundamentals, problem solving and oral/written communication skills.
• Breadth of experience in Software development using Java, Spring & Python.
• Experience developing Java/Python based micro-services on SaaS/PaaS environments.
• Experience with contemporary Web technologies such as HTML5, AngularJS, NodeJS.
• Hands-on experience in API design and development.
• Hands-on experience in DB – PostgreSQL or MongoDB and database tools (JPA/Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data).
• Experience with modern CI/CD tooling (Gradle/Maven, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory).
• Experience in Agile development practices: Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
• Experience with networking protocols and tools for troubleshooting.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment.
• Exposure developing containerized microservices with Docker.
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, bash, PHP etc) on Linux.
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments.
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Able to work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Enthusiastically follow open-source software, technology trends, software engineering best practice and technologies while enjoying the challenge of solving complex problems.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru;