General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Responsible for developing and maintaining User Interface (UI) of a world class Demo system and portal for GE Digital’s suite of products. You will leverage your leadership and technical skills to build and implement software components and feature set. You will drive multiple activities including software development, engineering solutions & architecture, problem solving, requirement analysis, design, implementation and project management of cloud and on-premise based product in global team.
In this role, you will:
• Quick learner and problem solver; Ability to learn new products and technology to cater to current needs and serve as subject matter expert (SME) for overall product technical implementation.
• Demonstrate clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions. Expert in product debugging and skilled in build, release & deployment processes
• Participate actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach.
• Loves variety of work, not always coding
• Create content in the system, like a user would do - for example build a strategy, configure a dashboard including creating the appropriate query, create a report, add “fake” data to a table to simulate historical transnational data
• Help to build 24/7 automation, monitoring and Devops system for the demo environment and ability to scale as needed
• Participate actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You provide regular trainings, Dojo’s and demos to help developers come on board with the products features and technologies.
• Troubleshoot bugs and other issues (eg. system instabilities) & work with the right team (like NOC, support, engineering, product management etc.) to resolve it
Help users when they have problems with the demo scripts (means you have to know the script yourself to be able to understand the problem they are experiencing)
• Fix problems caused by users – have to troubleshoot to learn what is the issue & then may have to manually rebuild demo content
• Admin functions like adding new users to the system
• Design and implement features unique to demo systems, such as scripts to clean out bad data or to automate the creation of demo content
• Work independently and proactively provide clarity to multiple stakeholders to ensure customer success. Drives open and timely communication and coordination
• Passion to learn and implement high available cloud based application infrastructure
• Passion to learn a new application from the demo dashboard and then provide training to other demo users
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
• Proficient in Build Automation Framework and testing tools such as, Protractor, Selenium, Jmeter.
• Experience working with GIT, Maven or Gradle, Cloud Foundry, App Monitoring (like New Relic)
• Ability write unit tests (TDD practices) for backend and frontend services
• Good Understanding of CI/CD Jenkins, python
• Knowledge on Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm and Docker Compose
• Experience in Cloud Technologies and distributed computing
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• High energy individuals comfortable working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving
• Flexible, continuous learner, willing to share knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills; Build strong relations with partners and customers; Drive coaching and mentors through patience and perseverance
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks
GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
Locations: India; Bengaluru