General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
Must have extensive experience with building services with Node.JS and related technologies.
Experience with Relational databases and schema design.
Should have experience with any of the testing frameworks (ex: Jest, Cypress).
Worked on responsive web apps using MaterialUI, Bootstrap/CSS3 & HTML5
Strong experience on REST APIs integration and API Communications
Working knowledge with quality plugins like eslint, prettier would be an advantage.
Experience in developing different authentication schemas using JWT, Passport and OAuth2 libraries.
Minimum 1+ years of experience of using cloud services provided by AWS (ECS, EC2, Lambda, S3, IAM).
Minimum 1+ years of experience using docker / Kubernetes in any other platform is an added advantage.
Experience / Well versed in creating CI/CD pipeline for AWS services.
Experience in working DevOps Teams.
Must have experience with SCM tools (GitHub) with code repository & related operations (branching, merging, pull requests etc).
Experience with performance optimization and security vulnerabilities resolution would be an advantage.
Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile.
Good Grasp of Asynchronous Programming and Its Workarounds
Working Knowledge in User Authentication and Authorization
Knowledge on Golang, C# is a plus.
Knowledge on No SQL database like mongoDB is a plus.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes