General Electric Sr. Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for partnering with business to developer microservices based software products and API layers while applying tools, methodologies, frameworks and analytical skills as appropriate, to conduct assessment; Periodically reviewing and maintaining a detailed, working knowledge of the respective assigned systems, organization, and business processes.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Design and develop scalable microservices based architecture and services
• Own medium-sized microservices design and development tasks; and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Make technology choices at individual level and analyze impact
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
• Provides expertise in design & developing microservices , planning and methodology
• Develop and executes maintainable microservices based platform components
• Serve as the principal liaison between the business unit and Information Services for system related issues
• Demonstrate command of quality assurance tools, systems analysis, automated test case and solutions, debugging, documentation, and software controllership
• Assist with analysis and debugging of complex application, infrastructure and performance problems or enhancements
• Ensure close ongoing relationships with appropriate internal and external customers
• Draft test plans and scripts for break/fixes and new development systems changes.
• Execute test scripts and documents results and interfaces with end users for test input and approval
• Works across a broad range of application and infrastructure platforms within GE to validate application stability and performance meet expectations
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with 6+ years of experience.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java / Undertow / GO / Python code.
• Experience with establishing Performance KPIs at both component and system level.
• Experience in developing web services and microservices.
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/performance infrastructure
• Knowledge of Performance Engineering concepts such as JVM, Garbage collection ,Threading• Experience in test design, plans, automation, execution, and debug
• Experience in load testing frameworks
• Excellent RCA and debugging capabilities.
• Exposure to cloud foundry infrastructure
• Experience in validating Analytics.
Rest based Microservices using GO, Python, Java, Undertow and C++ Containerization & Orchestration with Kubernetes for Microservices development
Extensive experience in Design pattern and solutioning
BDD based automated unit testing using Cucumber
Basic understanding on Angular, Typescript and hands on experience in any one Database
Good communication and presentation skills
Developing platform solutions for Healthcare Imaging and Radiology workflows
Exposure to DICOM Standards
Visualization for DICOM images
Infra and PaaS integration using Containerization technologies Kubernetes / Docker, Grafana, Prometheus
HELM Charts, YAML, Ansible, Python, DevOps Pipeline Integration
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes