General Electric Sr. Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
The MDH (Mobile Digital Health) team is working on next generation monitoring viewer, platform & solution. It will provide critical near real-time monitoring of patients across hospital care areas.
A Senior Software Engineer in Test Automation domain is a critical role within MDH (Mobile Digital Health) team. This role is responsible for ensuring high quality software is delivered to our customers.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer you will -
• Develop functional and automated tests and test harness applications for application undertest.
• Have strong experience in BDD (Behaviour Driven Development), data driven and Hybrid automation frameworks (preferably cucumber & JBehave)
• Have depth of knowledge on Selenium Or Squish and Core Java
• Execute automated tests as part of the CI (Continuous integration) environment
• Have a good understanding of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment / Continuous testing
• Have experience in profiling performance/load testing tools (ex – JMeter); and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product
• Be familiar with the basic knowledge of Ubuntu, Linux and Windows OS knowledge
• Have the basic knowledge on Network protocols
• Review verification results looking for compliance to our quality management system.
• Have the knowledge of bugs/defects life cycle. Knowledge of HP ALM (Application Life Cycle Management Tool) or equivalent product life cycle management tools
• Be aware of and comply with the Healthcare Quality Management standards, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply
Education Qualification :
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
• 6+ years of experience in developing automated tests for products through testing and verification activities.
Desired Technical Skills :
• Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging tests and debugging complex design problems.
• Understanding of system design concepts and subsystem interactions and interfaces
• Understanding of different levels testing and behavioral driven design testing techniques
• Ability to troubleshoot network, hardware, OS, virtual machines, and applications
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Prior experience in medical device product development and testing
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes