General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
Essential Responsibilities:• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field.
• A minimum 8 years of experience in Software development.
• Exposure to Agile methodologies, technology, theories, and techniques.
• Good problem solving and analytical ability.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience working within Agile/Scrum software development methodologies. Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
Desired Characteristics:• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Excellent knowledge with development tools integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE,Git/Jenkins/Maven etc.
• Exposure to BDD/ TDD practices.
• Experience of driving activities to influence code quality and process rigor.
• Experience with OpenStack technologies, deployment and configuration.
• Experience in Healthcare domain Enthusiastically follow technology trends, software engineering best practice and technologies while enjoying the challenge of solving complex problems
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru;