General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
In this role, you will develop innovative web and mobile SaaS based software solutions for GE Transportation business. You will be an UI expert responsible for design, development and maintenance of an UI component, feature and/or feature set. You will be an individual contributor and will work in a team environment demonstrating technical & problem solving skills.
• Be responsible for designing and developing user interfaces on web and mobile platforms in a fast paced and agile development environment using latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Work with product owners and architects to understand product requirements and vision
• Perform application support working closely with the customer support team, to diagnose and resolve customer reported issues and anomalies,
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Work as an individual contributor and take guidance from software technical leader,
• Work in an environment of developers using open source development tools.
• Master's/Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with at least 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in Angular JS, React JS, Java Script, Type Script, HTML 5 and CSS 3 technologies.
• Proficient in the following libraries and tools: React, Git, Mavern, Rally
• Experience working as part of teams following Agile Scrum methodology
• Willingness to develop as a full-stack developer
• Ability to build responsive mobile user interfaces
• Work closely with the User Experience (UX) team to translate wireframes and designs into code
• Software development experience on web and mobile technology
• A demonstrated understanding of the phases of human-centered design, user interface design and development, and contemporary user interface design conventions
• Experience and background in visual design for device and system user interfaces
• Experience in natural user interface design, design for mobile devices, interactive visualization and/or collaboration technologies
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: India; Bengaluru