General Electric Sr Quality Assurance Engineer in Bengaluru, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Value Based Care Engineering team is a global development organization with products including Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Practice Management (PM).
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer has responsibilities extending to the verification & validation of application software and is also required to code for unit testing, integration testing and Automation testing.
Responsible for testing features of the software product. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management.
In this role you will:
• Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
• Demonstrate expertise in application domain and functional areas
• Apply various testing techniques and methodologies effectively during SDLC
• Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
• Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Expert in core data structures and algorithms. Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
• Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
• Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
• Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
• Develops and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 7 - 9 years of work experience. 4 -5 years of experience in testing software products
• Hands on experience in Java or C#
• Working knowledge of Relational Databases, SaaS, cloud technologies.
• Sound software testing methodology/processes and understanding of software development life cycle and object oriented methodologies
• Experience with agile development
• Technical skills in both development and test (Manual Testing and Automation Testing)
• Have a understanding of BDD Test developoment using JBehave
• Experience with any one of the test automation tools such as Selenium, White UI, Load Runner, UFT, Quality Center or equivalent
• Experience working in multiple development environments, and with a variety of operating systems
• Experience Installing and configuring software, testing environments – both physical and virtual.
• Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server
• Current knowledge of software testing best practices
• Have a understanding of Cloud technologies and testing Cloud-based applications
• Self motivated and team player
• Knowledge of Healthcare IT domain
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
• Familiarity with ISO, FDA and other regulatory standards
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
Locations: India; Bengaluru