General Electric Sr Performance Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:Contributing to, as well as driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you are expected to lead performance testing efforts across different product lines and engineering disciplines. You are expected to work with multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and in-compatible resource requirements. Identify performance related issues in the applications and systems and present your findings to other teams in the organization.
Essential Responsibilities:• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Examines the structure and architecture of the software with an eye for performance. Identifies bottlenecks when possible.
• Ensures there's adequate planning for redesign and rescaling as loads shift. Ensures that code meets the design and includes the proper options for changing the configuration as demands shift with growth.
• Ensures that code standards are met.
• Ensures that architectural and design review includes a section devoted to recovering from a disaster.
• Ensures that architectural and design review includes a section devoted to Performance, Scalability, Reliability and Recovery.
• Skilled with using tools for performance analysis, identifying bottlenecks and troubleshooting.
• Skilled with using tools for load generation and large scale performance testing.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 10+ years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing)
Desired Characteristics:• Technical leader with extensive experience in architecting and measuring application performance of complex SaaS product environments.
• 10+ years of hands-on experience in closed network simulations and open network simulations
• Fluent in Gatling.io and Jmeter; Knowledge of other industry standard performance tools such as Loadrunner, httperf etc is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of the inner workings of these utilities. Understand the key differences in the arrival patterns generated by these tools under different settings is a must.
• Proven records in root-cause analysis.
• Working knowledge of Queuing Theory.
• Prior hands-on experience with load test in Cloud set-up, especially as part of Cloud migration strategy is a big plus.
• In-depth knowledge in the stacks of common network protocols.
• Prior working experience with appliances such as firewalls, routers and load balancers is preferred
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows is required
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers, as well as other teams across the organization.
• Experience in statistical analysis is a strong plus.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru;