General Electric Sr Enterprise Application Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As the Sr Enterprise Application Engineer, you will be working on multiple projects as a technical expert or internal consultant. You will work on projects for components of the domain. You will work on multiple technical or functional domains.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Serve as Webmethods developer on an Oracle ERP Integrations agile scrum team responsible for technical deliverables in agile sprints
• Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
• Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
• Participate in the infrastructure architecture governance model.
• Support design and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Coach and mentor team members
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience2years
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English – both technical & functional
• Ability to communicate in a language that non-technical users can understand
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• 5+ years of experience developing in Software AG webMethods
• Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) including concepts such as Service Registries & Service Virtualization
• Java programming experience
• Understanding of a variety of communication methods/protocols (JDBC, SOAP, REST)
• Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals
• Understands concepts of software deployments and configurations
• Familiar with automation techniques and tools
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics
• Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals.
• Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits
• Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice
• Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation.
• Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives
• Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas.
• Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No