General Electric Sr Engineer 3 - Mechanical Component in Bengaluru, India
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy business (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.
Visit www.lmwindpower.com for more information and follow @lmwindpower on social media.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social media.
• Develop Structural Design Group adding customer value by ensuring highest standards of blade design towards Customer Product Development [CPD]
• Build a team of product experts to handle stage gates from design to certification of blades
• Signatory assistance authority to Chief Engineer responsible for Blade structural designs
• Support factories for production start up in CPD and support approval process for Engineering Changes in the region
• Align with CPD & FEE to Drive Structural Designs reviews in collaboration with cross functional experts
• Learn and use specialized design tools to perform review and redesign of wind turbine blades
• Deliver to CPD projects on agreed time with needed quality of Documentation as per LM Standards and efficiency
• Build culture towards Organization Initiatives such as Continuous Improvement, Training and Development, Innovation
14+ Years of experience with BE/BTech or 12+ Years of experience with Masters
• Structural Design & Analysis in Composites Domain
• Knowledge of Applied Mechanics and Strength of Materials
• Familiarity with CAE tools such as Abaqus/CAE, Ansys, MSc Patran is preferred
• Familiar with stage gate process for New Product Introduction [NPI]
• Pro-active Attitude and Leadership Qualities
• Effective English communication and listening skills (Oral and Written)
• Open minded and Adapts to Customer / Business Changes
• Ability to get along with different cultures and background
Locations: India; Bengaluru