General Electric Sr Cyber Security Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
GE Digital is seeking a seasoned Senior Cyber Security Engineer capable of developing cutting-edge cyber security detection solutions. This role will also be a driving force behind the adoption of new detection technologies based on behavioral analytics and machine learning. This position is responsible for leading the development of enterprise platforms that enable the monitoring, automation, and orchestration of GE's network security platforms, including both physical and virtual IDS, and big-data analytics. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will be expected to leverage open-source technology and industry standard programming languages to enhance cyber security operations. Success in this role will require delivery of engineering, software development, and build-automation projects in an agile environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Shape the technology strategy and approach to securing GE's assets in cloud and on-premise environments
• Implement security controls across the technology stack to meet security and compliance requirements for GE's IaaS, Paas, and SaaS environments
• Apply hands-on approach to driving the development, improvement and enhancement of detection technologies in support of GE's Digital transformation strategy.
• Provides high-quality cost-effective engineering support to key GE leadership teams to protect the companies brand.
• Works with cross-functional teams and cross-business teams to drive broad-reaching technology initiatives
• Promotes best practices, design patterns, standards through workshops, knowledge sharing, and code walk-throughs
• Builds automation around operations & software development processes (CI/CD)
• Provides mentorship, advice, and skill enhancement to junior team members.
• Participates in on-call afterhours support rotation to ensure that critical performance issues are resolved in a timely manner, in accordance with established customer expectations and SLAs.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
Desired Characteristics• Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate in a team based setting
• Knowledge of recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies
• Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time zones
• Experience with object oriented & scripting programming languages (e.g. C+, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Experience with logging and analytics applications such as Digital Guardian, Splunk
• Experience administering orchestration tools such as Puppet, Salt, Chef
• Experience in data modeling
• Linux/Unix experience
• Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools (Chef, Git, Jenkins)
• Experience in securing cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and alike (i.e., inspection, logging, WAF, VM)
• Experience in deployment of cloud controls for infrastructure, platform, and applications (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS)
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No