General Electric Sr Build & Release Engineer in Bengaluru, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Drives increased efficiency across the teams through implementation of continuous delivery & continuous integration frameworks. He/she would work on eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse at a release level across products. Supports and improves tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management. You will be a key member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes for the software engineering organization.
Applies DevOps thinking, bringing development and IT Ops processes, people and tools closer together – helping to increase the speed, efficiency and quality
• Lead DevOps practices within the team, such as versioning, automated testing and continuous delivery / Continuous integration
• Demonstrates expertise with creating and maintaining automated build tools. Profiles build process and identifies bottlenecks.
• Demonstrates expertise in writing scripts to automate tasks. Implements Continuous Integration/Deployment build principles.
• Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
• Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
• Expert at applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP
• Expert level skills in Java development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
• Experience in build/test automation in cloud platforms
• Experience in software development in Java, Spring/SpringBoot Framework, MVC, Micro services (REST/SOAP), Angular, NodeJS, SQL
• Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven
• Excellent knowledge in configuration management tools such as Git/SVN/ClearCase and strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
• Experience is end-to-end test automation.
Locations: India; Bengaluru
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.