General Electric Sr Automation Testing Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Own and deliver medium-sized quality engineering tasks while mentoring and helping team members
• Make technology choices at individual level and analyse impact
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
• Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
• Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Solid experience in Java programming language and Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring security, etc.)
Experience in working on cloud based products
Experience in building full automation systems/frameworks for microservice based product.
Experience with automation tools, like: Selenium, Cypress, etc.
Experience with CI/CD and with Jenkins/Ansible/Terraform.
Experience with scripting languages, such as: Shell scripts, Python, etc.
Experience with CloudFoundry - advantage
Experience with AWS - advantage
Experience with security domains/application and business operation.
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Has extensive experience in test automation
• Demonstrates experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
• Has experience in testing web services
• Has experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems
• Has experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Has experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyse impact of technology choices
• Able to take ownership to deliver small and medium sized tasks while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to identify mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No