General Electric Software Quality Test Engineer in Bengaluru, India
As a Software Quality Test Engineer you will drive quality and functional excellence by designing test cases, automating test cases using the test framework, identifying bugs in the system and reporting out test findings. You will sustain and improve product quality and efficiency by adopting test techniques, identifying challenging tests and performing test optimization.
• Responsible for testing a feature and or a feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
• Design test cases and perform peer review
• Execute test cases and Raise defects for product non conformance
• Build test automation using testing framework like Test Stand.
• Be a go -to perform in guiding developers in testing their code and build the automated smoke and regression testing pipeline
• Contribute in decision making for make/stop a release
• Analyze requirements and report out testable/not testable
• Report out defects in products & design
• Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
• Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry (include technical skill)
• Proficient with agile tools and methodologies. Experience with CI/CD tools, preferable Jenkins and GIT.
• Strong experience to programmatically test products and leverage test coverage tools.
• Background in medical industry with knowledge on DICOM standards
• Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer field
• Exposure to medical devices, its hardware and its functions.
• Working knowledge of Squish, Selenium, PHP, Java Servlets, Apache tomcat and/or Windows API
• Exposure to static verification tools like Coverity, SonarQube, cppunit, boundschecker and/or PC-Lint.
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
•Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
GE Healthcare has a clear purpose - "Improving Lives in Moments that Matter" . We are one of the world’s leading medical-technology companies. We are a $20 billion business that delivers products, solutions and services for customers in 140 countries. Our legacy of innovation stretches over a century and includes many “First of Its Kind” inventions. We invest over $1.4 billion in R&D every year.
We have a unique position in the industry. We are positioned to work at the centre of an ecosystem delivering on the promise of Precision Health. More precise diagnosis, precise therapy and new innovative ways of monitoring patients are the means by which costs in the industry can be better controlled and outcomes improved for patients.
Precision Health is the future and we are uniquely positioned at the epicentre of this exciting movement.
Locations: India; Bengaluru