General Electric Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As a member of the GE Healthcare Imaging Platform Software team at Bangalore, you will be expected to develop, test and deliver quality software for new Imaging products, thus delivering next generation capabilities in the product lines.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs. Support the overall Imaging HUE roadmap. Conform to established roadmaps and influence platform directions
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering.
With minimum 3 years of software design & development experience working with cross-functional teams in an industry environment.
Demonstrate proficiency in microservices with Java, springboot programming on Linux environment.
Work experience in Angular 11 version.
Knowledge in creating AI/ML applications for the healthcare domain
Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile.
Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes