General Electric Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C++ code. Responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. Own unit testing and accountable for DOD of feature points. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, Work on extensions of existing products. Plan, design, develop, manage, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing modules.
Essential Responsibilities:• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Demonstrate awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
• Evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
•Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Control FDRs and NPI program milestones
• Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in C+
- • Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
•Good OOP knowledge
•Software development life cycle experience
•Experience with Windows and LINUX
•Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Desired Characteristics:Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
Demonstrated Agile SW development / LEAN skills
Experience in Windows OS development platforms
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru;