General Electric Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
The Host team within GE Healthcare’s Magnetic Resonance division develops state of the art user interface, workflow and platform for the MR scanner to ensure a simple and easy access for the technologist. As a software engineer in this team, you will collaborate cross-functionally with a global team of software to develop next generation capabilities from concept to product for the various GE MRI product lines.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Work closely with senior members in the team, across functional teams consisting of technical leaders, MR domain experts and other software engineers to develop new platform features within the scope of Host sub-system.
• With the strong knowledge of SDLC, design, implement and test the technical contributions from the team. Develop and integrate software platform components into the system in accordance with the software development policies and procedures.
• Translate high level requirements that demand new capabilities into component-level platform requirements and take them to implementation through proper design choices
• Brainstorm and come up with the new ideas to design and implement solutions to the complex platform, user interface and workflow challenges in the Host domain in accordance with established software development practices and processes
• Investigate and resolve product complaints reported by customers / field engineers and online center interfacing with customers, MR applications specialists and cross-functional engineering teams.
• Facilitate the use of latest tools, IDE, techniques and development environments that enhance team productivity, share best practices with other software engineering groups within GE Healthcare.
• Support the overall Host roadmap. Conform to established roadmaps and influence platform directions
• Act as the change agent for the team and continuously improve both platform and processes working with the leadership team. Foster collaboration with global engineering teams, business leadership team, cross functional teams and partner teams
• Learn MR Host platform (legacy and Maestro) and get accustomed to enhance platform components and develop applications using this framework.
• Document designs and verification activities; perform component & subsystem level verifications, participate in system level verifications and validations as necessary.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with minimum 3 years of software design & development experience working with cross-functional teams in an industry environment.
Experience in modern software development including: microservices, full-stack development, dev ops, containerizing etc
Demonstrate proficiency in Core Java and C++ programming in a Linux environment.
Hands-on experience in developing RESTful services and Spring Framework
Very good understanding of data structures.
Experience in development of application/platform components using various Design Patterns in Linux platform.
Very good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Programming (OOP) concepts and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle in an industry environment.
Demonstrated understanding/experience with the New Product Introduction (NPI) cycle
Strong Analytical, debugging and Problem Solving skills.
Working experience in scaled agile environment.
Proven skills in leading innovation from high-level definition and design through incremental evolution strategies
Familiarity with industry software development practices, tools and environments including practical usage of Configuration Management systems, Defect Tracking tools and Debuggers.
Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer field
Experience in SOA, OSGI, HTML5, Angular JS and Python
Experience in usage of testing methodologies (Cucumber, Protractor, Junit, Mockito, etc…)
Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes (PRD, QMS)
Attention to detail and ability work independently toward timely completion of a variety of assignments
Ability to develop unique concepts/solutions for complex products
Strong verbal/written communication and influencing skills
Experience working in a global team environment and a cross-functional product development environment.
Knowledge of agile concepts and methodologies
Willing to learn new technologies and flexible with roles and responsibilities
Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports Diversity.
Locations: India; Bengaluru