General Electric Software Architect in Bengaluru, India
The Architect in GEHC’s MR Host team is a strategic role which defines the technology roadmap for global MR host team. Architect will design SW components and provide technical leadership and have the organizational skills to aid the business in developing product and system requirements. The Architect will also be responsible for delivering platform solutions along with tools and processes to support robust designs in the GEHC business units.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Lead, consult and oversee multiple architectural engagements spanning across current and next release train.
• Work with senior architects / principle engineers to translate the requirements into design and help drive the implementation within the scrum team effectively by ensuring that we meet all the DoDs (definition of done)
• Be the quality gate keeper for all the deliverables from the scrum team by advocating and bring in good design and coding practices
• Be a technology advocate in business and customer interactions.
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
• Communicate technology strategy in a simple, understandable manner to the business leaders and engineers.
• Develop roadmap strategy for tools and libraries for MR engineering; partner with cross-functional teams to ensure effective implementation and support is delivered to MR engineering.
• Identify improvement opportunities and implement solutions to address critical gaps across the MR Software Engineering function. Work with the office of the Chief Engineer to ensure Technical Design Reviews are complete and effective in positively impacting product design.
• Mentor and develop global host team members in MR in their activities and help them grow technically
• Support the Host Subsystem Technology Leadership in (both the what and the how)
o Emerging technology trends
o Unmet needs/emerging needs
o Modernized development tools/methodologies
o Innovation and strategic planning for upcoming NPIs
• Ownership of Host Subsystem Document Strategy & Evolution
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Electrical/Electronics/Communications with minimum 8 years of software design & development experience working with cross-functional teams in an industry environment.
Proven track record of driving minimum of 3 global NPIs / releases technically throughout the entire new product development cycle including install base.
Experience in mentoring and coaching engineers across NPIs / subsystems
Ability to work effectively in a global cross-functional team environment
Hands on experience in object oriented design methodology and various programming languages including data structures and design patterns (C++, Java, microservices, spring boot)
Experience in development of application/platform components using various Design Patterns in Linux platform.
Strong Analytical, debugging and Problem Solving skills.
Working experience in agile environment.
Familiarity with the latest software development practices, tools and environments including practical usage of Configuration Management systems, Defect Tracking tools and Debuggers.
Able to create and build an environment in which others can freely share ideas
Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
Knowledge of MR host platform and its dependencies with other subsystems
Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes (PRD, QMS)
Attention to detail and ability work independently toward timely completion of a variety of assignments
Ability to develop unique concepts/solutions for complex products
Strong verbal/written communication and influencing skills
Experience working in a global team environment and a cross-functional product development environment.
In-depth working knowledge of patient/customer product-related clinical applications and scientific/engineering methods/theory with an affinity for technology and clinical solutions
Willing to learn new technologies and flexible with roles and responsibilities
Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: India; Bengaluru