General Electric Senior Staff Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
Want to join a world class software engineering organization for the cloud platform team making impact for clean renewable energy?
This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Leads the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering.
Solid digital product development experience, Ops experience would be a plus
Technology Understanding : REST APIs, Microservices , Database (SQL/NoSQL/In-Memory), Messaging, UI Development
Software Design Experience
Mandatory: Deep expertise - Java and/or Golang.
Cloud Native Microservices Software Development (e.g Springboot)
Deeper understanding of key AWS services- EC2, ELB/ALB, VPC, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, and IAM, Glue, Lambda
Technology: Kafka, Redis, AMQP. PostGresQL, DynamoDB, S3, REST APIs
Data Formats: JSON, Protobuf, Parquet etc
Ops Experience: NewRelic, ELK, Performance Monitoring and Optimization
Basic Code quality, code reviews, Troubleshooting
Tooling experience: Scripting experience - Python , Postman…
Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
Understanding of containerization technologies- Docker/Kubernetes
Awareness - DevOps and CloudOps
Agile software development - Scrum/Kanban
Tooling - Rally/Jira
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with at least 10 years of Experience.
• Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
• Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
• Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No