General Electric Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As a Full Stack Senior Developer in Fleet Solutions team, you will be involved in designing, developing, and delivering Cloud-based multimodality Imaging Protocol Management (IPM) solution for GE Healthcare Imaging products. You will work with a cutting edge team on Software as a service (SaaS) and Web development over a polyglot Platform as a Service (PaaS) substrate including the Device Software (SW), Edge and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. You will work closely with Global Product Management and will be responsible for development of new software features based on requirements and within the constraints of Architecture, Platform and design guidelines.
Our mission in Imaging Fleet Solutions is to develop and enable an ecosystem of interconnected Imaging devices and innovative software applications and offerings that deliver value across Imaging operations, Exam workflow and Clinical Decision Support for Customers.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
As Senior Software Engineer, you will:
• Work closely with Product Management & Solutions Architect in understanding requirements, design, architecture and own implementation of the features
• Derive software requirements and software functional specification, validate software requirements, provide software feasibility analysis and software effort estimation
• Participate in the software development as part of the Scrum team
• Accountable for the Definition of Done for user stories - define, design, code and ship new features
• Identify potential harmony and re-use of components / technology
• Accurate translation of software architecture into design and code
• Guide Scrum team members on all design topics & implementation consistency against the design/architecture
• Execute in a fast paced delivery mode and focus on delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Ensure code quality, test coverage and adherence to different quality metrics.
• Ensure the performance, Non-Functional Requirements (NFR) and responsiveness of applications
• Bring rigor in software development, follow established Test-Driven Development (TDD)/ Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD) / continuous integration (CI)/ continuous delivery (CD) development paradigms
• Drive code and design reviews. Be able to guide, lead and mentor other developers
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in product software development
A minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in software development using following technologies:
Full Stack Languages and Frameworks NodeJS, Java, Spring etc.
Relational and NoSQL databases
Exposure to Public Cloud ( Amazon Web Service (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)).
Experience working within Agile/Scrum software development framework
Strong design fundamentals, problem solving and oral/written communication skills
• Experience in Software as a service (SaaS) development on Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Azure/Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or similar Platform as a Service (PaaS) substrate using GO (Golang) or Java based Microservices
• Experience with Web technologies such as NodeJS, AngularJS, HTML5 (hypertext markup language)/CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
• Hands-on experience in application programming interface (API) modelling/design and development
• Hands-on experience in database (DB) – PostgreSQL or DynamoDB (database) and database tools (JPA (Java Persistence Application Program Interface) /Hibernate)
• Experience with modern continuous integration /continuous delivery (CI/CD) tooling (Gradle/Maven, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
• Experience in Agile development practices: Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, bash, PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) on Linux.
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes