General Electric Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
You'll be part of a global matrix team. Your key responsibilities will include design and development of cloud-based applications across GE Renewable Software Engineering portfolio. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will lead design discussions for your Products with the Architects, Developers and the Product Owners.
In this role, you will:
• Work with Product Owners to understand product requirements & vision
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to provide mentorship to a team of 6 to 8 developers with planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Identify the scope of the work and work with the Development team to provide estimates
• Engage in technical discussions; lead technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Design interfaces and information exchange between modules and across applications
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Maintain software quality through metrics, code reviews, best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in Java and related Technologies
• Expert in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using Java, Polymer OR Angular, Java Spring Boot
• Strong understanding and implementation experience of Micro-services architecture and principles
• Basic understanding of cloud technologies - AWS / Azure
• Proficient with Design Patterns
• Hands-on Experience on any or more of the following:
Mobile tech (Swift, iOS, Android, React Native)
Front End (React, HTML5, CSS)
Middleware (Node, NginX)
Backend (Python Django & flask)
Relational and NoSQL DBs
Programming Language (Python)
Docker and Kubernetes
CI/CD and SAST/DAST Tools
• Proven desire of exploring and executing Proof of Concepts across new Cloud tech features
• Strong Ownership - Takes responsibility for assigned deliverables with focus on outcome and customer
• Team player with learning aptitude - Shows respect for differences and diversity, utilizes strengths of team members to achieve optimal performance while doing continuous learning.
• Strong communication skills to manage stakeholder expectations with transparency & humility.
• Participates as part of an Agile team. Understands Lean principles. Strong understanding and supporter of Lean thinking and practices.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No