General Electric Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
In this role you will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. You will work independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology,
Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience 8 years
• Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
• Experience in object oriented design methodology and strong expertise in C++, Python, Unix/shell scripting
• Experience in Django and ORM framework
• Experience in application / component designs.
• Working knowledge in configuration management tools and Linux and windows development environments.
• Working knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes