General Electric Project Management Specialist 2 - Commissioning in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:Responsible for Wind Farm project commissioning activities with delivery within Schedule , Cost quality and safety and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources.
Essential Responsibilities:• Directly responsible for Pre & Grid- commissioning of Wind Turbine Generators at Project Site from mobilization through customer acceptance of last unit.
• Interface with Engineering and Technical field operations management as required to support project issues affecting commissioning activities.
• Commissioning of the Unit Sub-stations (33KV/690V), SCADA servers and Condition monitoring systems in accordance with the applicable protocols.
• Work with M&P (Methods and processes) team to review and update procedures as required.
• Effectively manage available site resources to ensure successful completion of the contractual obligations.
• Review and validation of LOTO procedures before site roll out.
• Coordinate with Engineering, Sourcing & other co-functions to establish smooth functioning of wind farm.
• Drive the commissioning activities at site and report to HO & coordinate with Engg on technical queries & clarifications.
• Carry trouble shooting and root cause analysis for successful comm of WTGs.
• Conduct Park/ Individual Turbine Reliability tests successfully and handover the wind farm to O&M by clearing punch points.
• Responsible for following GE protocols and complete the documentations online and offline.
• Ensure safety of self, colleagues and contractors whoever involved in the job considering Safety is our prime most priority.
• Ensure Quality at work and responsible for reducing cost of quality.
Qualifications/Requirements:Educational Qualification: - Diploma/ Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics discipline with minimum of 3-5 years in Project management / Site Management experience is essential.
Desired Characteristics:• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru, Bhopal, Indore, Bhuj, Tirunelveli, Jaipur;